...

...
...

Thursday, August 6, 2009

L.A. and Santa Monica

We sure crammed a lot in to our Sunday. We wanted to fit in eveything since we figured the traffic might be a bit less. We were wrong, the traffic never lets up apparently in LA. We spent a ton of time in the rental car, and the kids actually did pretty well, that is without a TV in the car. We started out at the La Brea Tar Pits, which is a natural history museum with dinosaur bones and real tar still spitting up from the ground right in the middle of LA.





We then headed over to see the LA Temple. It has been since I was a little girl that I saw this temple. I was in awe over how huge the building was. I'm so used to seeing these smaller temples they are building now. It is closed for renovation now. The location is ideal for many people to see this beautiful edifice as they drive by.









We then ended the day in Santa Monica and the pier. I've seen this place many times on TV and in movies. But it is much more stunning in person. For a Sunday, the place was packed, I guess that's when the locals come visit.










No comments:

Post a Comment