...

...
...

Monday, April 27, 2009

A DAY OF DOCTORS...

After 4 ear infections this winter and many, many sleepless nights (both for Addie and her parents), we decided to have tubes put in her ears. It was probably one of the hardest things I've done yet as a mother. A rather scary looking male nurse took my crying baby out of my arms and into the operating room. Luckily it was a rather short surgery, and afterwards she was hysterically crying. The only thing that calmed her down was the Alvin and the Chipmunks CD we had playing in the car. We are still hoping for a quiet night of sleeping, but have yet to achieve it. The Doctor assures us it will happen, but maybe not too soon.

That same afternoon, Logan had his Kindergarten check-up. He was such a trooper and didn't even flinch when they gave him 4 shots. I can't believe he is starting Kindergarten this Fall. He seems ready for it, I just hope I am:)
Her best friend, Minnie Mouse, was a calming and helpful influence for her. She just wanted to be held while we were in the waiting room. I'm sure she could tell that something big was about to go down.
Some pictures of "My Kids in the Hood"!




2 comments:

  1. We had tube put in Annika's ears back in October. She never complained of ear infections but never passed her hearing exam. Now she gets infections. Uggghhh. So we are still waiting to see if the wonderful tubes have done any good. Hopefully by June we will get a good test. It is so sweet to see them in their itty bitty hospital gown. I hope she will do better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the one of Addie snuggled up on you. What a sweetie. I hope she starts sleeping soon (for everyone's sake!) Love the gangsta pics!

    ReplyDelete